Skip to main content

Scratch showing with Teresa, Louisa, Jenny and Chloe.

This session was an opportunity to show the group what I have been working on and get some feedback on it. I showed the video that I had created, featuring different clips of me walking, and explained that I wanted to have my blog available for participants to browse through. I asked the group for some advice on how best to invite my participants to experience the work. Teresa asked me to play the video again, she turned off the lights and asked me to sit on a chair near to the wall where the video was being projected.

It was interesting for me to see how altering something so simple as where the audience are seated whilst viewing the video and the setting around them can change their experience. By having the audience seated alone in the dark, it made this experience a lot more intimate, without me actually even interacting with them live in the space. As I have mentioned previously, intimacy between the performer and the audience/participants is something that I have been interested in for the whole way through this process.

After this experiment during feedback with Teresa that I had the idea to create audio tracks for the participants to listen to whilst wearing headphones and having a solo experience. I really liked the idea of creating an intimate experience for the participant through a digital medium, and I am interested to hear feedback from my participants after the project is over.

Comments