Skip to main content

Module launch with Teresa.

I just wanted to briefly reflect on the module launch session that we had with Teresa. This began with Teresa reading us a text that she had written 10 years ago for a group of students entitled 'How do I make work?'. 


As you can see from the images above, the letter details the different decisions and considerations that Teresa makes when she is making work. However, she also stresses that it is important to find the ways of working that are best for you, and these suggestions are only suggestions, not rules to be followed. 

Teresa then asked us to imagine the moments after our final projects are finished, and the feelings, emotions, experiences that would happen in these moments. What people would say after watching, what we would be feeling. And then, Teresa asked us to choose two words - one to summarise how we were feeling right then, at the start of the module, and one to summarise how we think/hope we will be feeling in the moment after our pieces were finished. My two words were 'apprehension' and 'pride', as at the moment I uncertain what the outcome of the project will be and how I will get there, but I am looking forward to the sense of achievement I will feel when it is finished. This exercise was really useful for me, as it made me consider what I need to do to get to that experience after the end of my project.

Comments