Skip to main content

A little bit about me.

For my first blog post I wanted to explain a bit about myself, what type of performance work I make, and how I have reached this point in my practice.

During my time on the Undergraduate Degree in Performance at Leeds Beckett, I mainly created solo work, and I did a lot of research into durational work - completing a 12-hour walking performance and several shorter explorations myself. Durational work and walking practice were definitely two of my main focus areas as I started the MA, and I was also interested in further exploring audience interaction/participation and 1-to-1 performance, as this is something that I became interested in towards the end of my degree. 

My interest into 1-to-1 performance has drawn from my want to explore the idea of intimacy and contact - something that I have just began to explore whilst on the MA. My most recent piece of work was an exploration into this, as I sat at a table and held hands whilst talking to participants about their experiences of intimacy

The main artists and academics that have influenced my practice and research so far consist of, but are not limited to; 
- Marina Abramovic
- Adrian Howells 
- Tehching Hsieh
- Rosanna Cade
- Sophie Calle
- Ellie Harrison
- Deirdre Heddon
- Michel de Certeau
- Dominic Johnson
- Claire Bishop

Going into my final project is slightly daunting for me, but with guidance and support from my peers and tutors, and focus and determination from myself, I am certain that I can complete the module with an outcome that I am proud of.

Key words.

Durational work
Walking Practice
Audience interaction/participation
1-to-1 performance
Intimacy
Contact

Comments